Thursday, August 20, 2009

On a Course of Discovery

I started this blog to explore the stagnant nature of the polo shirt, but within a matter of a week have discovered how designers have taken the polo to new heights. Even though many may equate the polo with Lacoste or Ralph Lauren, the other 10 percent of the market are constantly pushing the bar. My mind has been exposed to a whole world that I never knew existed. While perusing one of my favorite blogs, The Sartorialist, I came across the designer Michael Bastian. The goal of his line is the elevate the whole casual end of the guy's wardrobe. While Michael understands that as men become more interested in tailored clothing they will transition into wearing suits; he shows men that casual is just as sartorial as formal wear. The pictures below are from the Michael Bastian collection (credit The Sartorialist blog for the pics).




No comments:

Post a Comment